Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Display Case Design Help from The WoodWhisperer.com

I’ve been a big fan of the WoodWhisperer podcast since I came up with the ideas to design and build the ultimate premium baseball card display case. I emailed Marc with my preliminary design ideas for the case and he was kind enough to take some time and make some recommendations.

“One of my favorite things to do with picture frames is splined miters. It involves cutting a tablesaw kerf through the miter and inserting a thin piece of contrasting wood. Very elegant.”

I’m not entirely sure what that means but Marc knows his stuff so it’s probably something that I’ll want to incorporate into the final display case design once I see some pics.

If you’re into woodworking be sure to check out his site and podcasts – www.TheWoodWhisperer.com

If you happen upon this and have any design ideas for the ultimate ultra premium extra deluxe baseball card display case – be sure to drop me an email.

No comments: