Friday, October 3, 2008

Longoria and Rays Continue World Series Push


After winning the American League East with 97 wins the Tampa Bay Rays continue their push to their first World Series. I think I’m the only person in New Jersey that has a Carl Crawford Devil Rays Jersey (that’s right, not ‘Rays’, old school ‘Devil Rays’ circa 2007) which is going to get a lot of wear over the next several weeks.

I’ve been making a living off of the Rays in fantasy baseball for 3-4 years now. Carl Crawford has been a centerpiece of several of my fantasy teams and guys like BJ Upton, Shields, Sonnanstine, and Kazmir have all been on my teams. Bummed out that I missed out on Evan Longoria but loved his two home runs last night.

Some think the Rays are a fluke but they have the starting pitching and a fairly deep bullpen. The general theory in baseball is that good pitching beats good hitting and I think they have the best staff in the playoffs. I also like the speed that Crawford and Upton bring to the game – very disruptive for the opposition. Baseball’s ‘surprise team’ looks more like a favorite to me. We’ll see how it plays out but I’m stoked for some of my fantasy baseball mainstays to have a chance at a big ‘reality’ World Series win!

Click Here to get Evan Longoria gear for the playoffs on eBay!

No comments: