Friday, July 18, 2008

Baseball Hall of Fame’s First Class Autographs


In between meetings in New York yesterday I popped into a sports collectables store and stumbled upon the greatest piece of baseball memorabilia that I have ever seen in person. It was a framed collage of autographs from the Baseball Hall of Fame’s inaugural class and second class. I counted a total of 11 autographs but can’t figure out who the others were.

The autographs are from Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Christy Matewson, and Walter Johnson from the inaugural class in 1936 and from the Baseball Hall of Fame’s second class in 1937 Nap Lajoie, Tris Speaker and Cy Young.

I’m guessing the 3 others are from Hall of Fame players of that era, hopefully I can stop back in someday and get all of the names.

Buy Autographed baseballs by Hall of Famers on eBay!

No comments: