Saturday, July 5, 2008

T206 Baseball Card Collection – McCormick, Gainesville Stamp Wanted!


I received the following email request yesterday from an avid T206 collector. He’s searching for ALL T206 baseball cards with a Howe McCormick stamp on the back of each. His quest is to reunite this long separated collection of vintage T206 baseball cards. The stamp is pictured left. Please email me at bloopsingle @ gmail.com if you come across any and I’ll put you in contact with Ed. Here's his plea:

I just ran across your blog while doing a Google search of t206s. I've collected t206s for the past 20 years, and last summer, sold nearly 200 of them to concentrate only on the cards that had a rubber stamping on the back from Howe McCormick, 500 W. Main St., Gainesville, Fla. I had two in my collection at that time, and have been able to locate approx. 72 others since then, although not all have been for sale. Apparently, he was about 14 when the cards came out, and had quite a collection. Went on to fight in WWI, got married, and died, all in Gainesville. I'm just trying to locate, and when I can, buy all the card he may have had as a kid, sort of re-assembling his collection almost 100 years later. All the cards I've located so far have been either Piedmont, Old Mill or Hindu. If you have any in your collection, I would be interested in hearing from you, and most interested if you would be willing to sell.

Get vintage T206 baseball cards for your collection on eBay!

No comments: