Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vintage Baseball Card Display Tip – Rotate Your Cards


I was doing some research this weekend for Safe at Home, the new wiki that I created about baseball card display and preservation, and came across something pretty darn effective – rotate your cards! It sounds so simple but makes all of the sense in the world. I found an article which suggested rotating display materials every 3 months or so. It might even make sense to display your best baseball cards at times when you know you’ll be having company over. For example, the holidays get pretty busy for me a few months from mid-November on so it might makes sense to break out my Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson and Cy Young T206 cards for those 2 months and keep them stored away the rest of the year. I could rotate any number of T206 common players a couple of time during the rest of the year. The long term reduction of UV exposure will go a long way to preserving your vintage baseball card collection.

Get baseball card storage materials from eBay!

No comments: