Friday, June 6, 2008

Farewell to Shea Stadium – Commemorative Baseball, #2 of 6

I picked up one of these baseballs at the Mets game I was at last week for my buddy at The Extreme Baseball Collector. This baseball is #2 of 6 that will be sold at Shea Stadium throughout the Mets final season at Shea. The ball features Mr. Met, the “You Gotta Believe” slogan, the Shea Stadium 1964-2008 commemorative logo and a list of Shea Stadium firsts:

1st Batter – Dick Schonfield, Pirates
1st Mets Batter – Tim Harkness
1st Hit – April 17th, 1964, Willie Stargell
1st Strikeout – April 17th, 1964 Roberto Clemente
1st Mets Victory – April 19th, 1964 Mets 6 Pirates 0

I should probably get with it and start collecting all 6 of these baseballs for myself – one more reason to get out to Shea Stadium and see the Mets this year!

Get your Shea Stadium commemorative gear on eBay!

No comments: